Announcing Our 2024 Academic Boot Camps
It’s officially 2024, and we are gearing up for another summer of academic boot camps! This year, we’re again hosting our Humanities, STEM, and Business & Entrepreneurship academic boot camps to help enlisted veterans and service members prepare for bachelor’s degrees.
In 2024, we are partnering with 20 schools to host our academic boot camps, including three brand-new host campuses. We’re excited to welcome Michigan State University, Stanford University, and the University of Virginia to WSP programming. We know our students will love being able to have academic experiences on those campuses.
Key Components of Academic Boot Camps
Our academic boot camps provide a range of experiences designed to prepare a service member or veteran for the college environment.
- Intensive academic training: Our boot camp curricula are designed to challenge students and help them develop the skills necessary to achieve success in higher education.
- Peer mentorship: Successful student veterans who have completed WSP boot camps return as fellows to provide support and mentorship to current participants.
- Faculty instruction: Faculty from our campus partners teach lectures and guide students in writing instruction (humanities boot camps), completing a research project (STEM boot camps), or business pitch feedback (business and entrepreneurship boot camps).
- College exploration: In addition to learning about the transition from military to academic life, participants have the opportunity to explore the host campus while staying in dorms and eating in campus dining facilities, and gain an understanding about the process for admission to that campus.
- Networking opportunities: WSP boot camps facilitate connections between successful student veterans and university resources, creating a network of support that extends beyond boot camps and into alumni programming.
How to Apply
We invite enlisted service members and veterans who have not earned a bachelor’s degree and/or are looking to make a successful transition to higher education to apply for our boot camps.
The first step in this process is to fill out an interest form. When the interest form has been submitted, a member of our admissions team will reach out to the interested veteran to determine eligibility and next steps.
2024 Boot Camp Dates
Here’s a full list of our campus partners and boot camp dates for 2024.
College Partner Boot Camp Type Start Date End Date Yale University Humanities and STEM (women-only cohort) 6/1/24 6/15/24 Yale University Humanities and Business and Entrepreneurship 6/1/24 6/15/24 Wesleyan University STEM 6/8/24 6/15/24 Georgetown University Humanities 6/8/24 6/15/24 William & Mary Humanities 6/8/24 6/15/24 University of Virginia Humanities and Business and Entrepreneurship 6/8/24 6/22/24 University of Notre Dame Humanities and Business and Entrepreneurship 6/15/24 6/29/24 University of Notre Dame Humanities and STEM 6/15/24 6/29/24 Brown University Humanities 6/15/24 6/22/24 Harvard University Humanities 6/22/24 6/29/24 Williams College Humanities 6/22/24 6/29/24 Massachusetts Institute of Technology STEM 6/22/24 6/29/24 Princeton University Humanities and STEM 7/13/24 7/27/24 Michigan State University Humanities 7/13/24 7/20/24 Columbia University Humanities 7/13/24 7/20/24 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign STEM 7/20/24 7/27/24 Cornell University Humanities and STEM 7/20/24 8/3/24 Stanford University STEM 7/20/24 7/27/24 Virtual Humanities 7/21/24 7/26/24 University of Arizona Humanities and STEM 7/27/24 8/10/24 California Institute of Technology (Caltech) STEM 7/27/24 8/3/24 Amherst College Humanities 7/27/24 8/3/24 University of Chicago Humanities and STEM 7/27/24 8/10/24